A night of wine took place on Tuesday, March 21, 2017. Twenty-six fabulous women gathered at U Me Paint Experience in Saginaw to enjoy some delicious red and white wines from Wines for Humanity. Darlene Anderson, a WIL member, presented each wine telling us what kind it was and where it comes from. Wine was available for purchase that night with a percentage of the proceeds going to Women in Leadership.
Here are a few wine tips we learned from Darlene.
- Serve red at 65 degrees, white at 55 degrees, and sparkling/champagne at 45 degrees
- When serving reds, put them in the refrigerator for 20 mins beforehand. Whites are typically stored in the refrigerator and need to be pulled out 20 minutes before serving.
- How to taste wine: Sight-swirl-sniff-sip-swallow
- Serve mild wine with mild food and Strong wine with strong food serve
- Match the origin of the wine with the origin of the food
A birthday cake was enjoyed for co-chair member, Dawn Luptowski along with a wonderful spread of crackers, cheese, and fruit. It was a fun filled night of strong women, delicious wine, great conversation, and lots of laughter.